101 Fun Things To Do With Kids in Philly
Discover family-friendly events with the Philadelphia Family Community Calendar. Our team adds fresh content every week to help you make the most of raising kids in Philly, from the baby and little ones-stage through the teen years and beyond! Please be sure to check with the host location about their health and safety protocols, as well as their registration requirements, prior to heading out!
Have an event to share? Submit it to us for consideration!
Sign up for our Philadelphia Family High Five Email Newsletter to plan your weekend adventures and discover local stories. Ready to explore more of the Delaware Valley? Make the most of this week with the Bucks County Parent and Main Line Parent Community Calendars too!
Philadelphia Family Community Calendar
- This event has passed.
Make it Myself at The Resource Exchange with Ants on a Log & Jeanette Bradley
March 18 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
What is Make It Myself March?
A month-long creative reuse celebration for kids & families, including a special, interactive “Make it Myself” musical performance, workshop and book reading event on Saturday, March 18th with:
• Special musical performance by Philly’s favorite family-friendly band Ants on a Log, in celebration of their new album “Make it Myself”!
• Creative Reuse Maker Space at The Resource Exchange, where children & other child-like people & their adults can create art to display in a “Make it Myself” exhibit through Earth Day!
• Paint a special traveling art delivery box for The Rounds e-bike deliveries, to be seen all over the city!!
• Book reading by Jeanette Bradley , author of “Something Great” and “No World Too Big”! You can pre-order these beautifully written & illustrated books to be waiting for you at the event and signed by the author! Pre-order below from the wonderful local bookstore The Head & The Hand Books!
– Pre-order “No World Too Big: Young People Fighting Global Climate Change”
– Pre-order “Something Great” (2022 Best STEM Book K-12: National Science Teaching Association)
Where is it? The Resource Exchange 1800 N American St in Kensington
When is it? Saturday, March 18th – “Make it Myself” workshop & performance 2-4 pm
Who is it for? Children (& Other Childlike People!) Recommended for ages 5-12
How do we get tickets? Pre-event tickets are a sliding scale pay-what-you-can:
$5 /$10/ $15 per person*