Emotions at Play Exhibit Opens January 27 Featuring Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ at Please Touch Museum
"Who's your friend who likes to play? Bing Bong Bing Bong!"
The 2015 Pixar film ‘Inside Out’ features 11-year-old Riley who has just moved across the country with her parents. We meet the emotions in her head as characters – Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust, and Sadness (and we can’t forget her old imaginary friend, Bing Bong). As Riley and her emotions adjust to a new life in San Francisco Joy tries her best to keep things positive, and we all learn some important emotional lessons by the end.
This new exhibit at Please Touch Museum is the first-ever children’s museum exhibit based on Disney and Pixar’s animated feature ‘Inside Out’ and it will run from January 27 through May 7. You can reserve your tickets in advance!
The exhibit explores the role of emotions, memory, and imagination in our daily lives through hands-on and digital experiences focused on the five emotions (and characters) we meet in the movie: Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust, and Fear.
- Explore the range and intensity of emotions in the Control Panel
- See how we feel with our faces and bodies in the Emotions Mirror
- Share your feelings and create a glowing Memory Sphere
- Use your imagination in Dream Productions
- Learn about controlling your emotions at Train of Thought
- Explore how emotions work together as you stack and balance the Emotion Blocks.
This exhibition was developed by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh in collaboration with Pixar Animation Studios. © Disney/Pixar. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.