Family Friendly Events Coming to Fort Mifflin (and Beyond) this Season
From virtual programming to fundraising drives for local veterans and historic sites to in-person and socially-distant galas and events for folks of any age group, Envoute is planning an exciting season in Philly.
Over the course of the pandemic, through adaptation and persistence, a very determined group in Philly managed to partner up with various locales to help them revitalize interest and bring socially-distant and family-friendly opportunities to historical locations and venues in and around the city. Envoute is a newly-formed coalition of entertainers based around a production company celebrating their 10th anniversary amid the pandemic who have committed themselves to providing arm-in-arm support, gigs, and networking with one another going forward into this brave new post-COVID world. They are reaching out to various sites around the tri-state area in an attempt to rejuvenate interest in live performances as well as bring guests into the oft-times-ailing businesses and non-profit locations. Their list of upcoming events is extensive and extends from virtual programming to fundraising drives for local veterans and historic sites to in-person and socially-distant galas and events for folks of any age group. Chief among them is the following (and see below to check out some other events on the schedule):
Mud Island Hot Jazz Lawn Party
The Mud Island Hot Jazz Lawn Party updates the annual Fort Mifflin Speakeasy FUNdraiser into an expansive indoor/outdoor event! Dust off your dancing shoes and press your party clothes and get ready to travel back in time to the roaring 20’s! Spend a lovely afternoon circa 1921 swinging, swigging and dancing all while raising funds to support educational programming at the most unique historic site in Philadelphia. It’s an immersive and jam-packed time!
Your $35 (until June 4, then $40) General Admission ticket includes:
- Live music by Drew Nugent and the Midnight Society
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
- Silent Auction including your chance to win a private Candlelight Ghost Tour for you and 20 friends
- BYO picnic (no outside beverages permitted) or purchase your snacks on site
- Contests! Prizes! Best Dressed Lady, Best Dressed Gentleman, Best Couple, Best Group and Best Hat!
- Casemate Cinema featuring silent movies of the era
- Tarot readings (fee applies, paid directly to reader)
- On-site food trucks, ice cream by Franklin Fountain, and a multitude of antique, art, and clothing vendors
- Vendors of exciting vintage and reproduction goodies
Want to make it a family outing? Children 5 and under are FREE, students ages 6 to 18 – $8. All general admission activities included!
- Reserve a picnic table (comfortably seating 4 to 8) for $15
- Fire the Fort Mifflin signal cannon! $20
Tickets limited to assure an awesome (and safe!) experience so purchase early or risk disappointment. We cannot guarantee walk-up sales. If limited on-site tickets are available prices will be higher. Typical COVID protocols in place including masks when not eating or drinking and social distancing.
More Events at Fort Mifflin
Independence Week Events:
- Cannonball Tavern – also fundraiser, cheap student tix, make it a family outing – http://www.fortmifflin.us/event/colonial-tavern21/
- The 4th at the Fort – http://www.fortmifflin.us/event/4thatthefort/
- Jeffersonian Picnic: Continental Congress and the Olive Branch – http://www.fortmifflin.us/event/jeffersonian-picnic-olive-branch/
Other events of family interest:
- Jeffersonian Picnic: All Men Created Equal? http://www.fortmifflin.us/event/jeffersonian-picnic-june/
- Civil War Saturday – http://www.fortmifflin.us/event/civil-war-weekend-2/
- Art En Plein Air – http://www.fortmifflin.us/event/art-plein-air/
- Stay tuned for more!
Educational hands-on opportunity
- Mapping the Fort with the Colonial Surveyor http://www.fortmifflin.us/event/colonial-surveyor/
Adult Fun – unique day date opportunity:
In addition to a plethora of events occurring at Fort Mifflin the entertainment group is also hard at work all of May to raise money for the annual WMGK Veteran Radiothon as they have for the past 5 years with an ever-growing list of virtual and in person events targeted at adults as well as children (You can find the donation link here: https://gofund.me/7d293a1a). These include:
Facebook LIVE Meet and Greet with Captain American and Agent Carter (May 16th): https://fb.me/e/2cqoSQ02R
Nugent’s Follies Vaudeville Variety Camp Show (May 28th): https://fb.me/e/1csacRS9x
For those of you in Philadelphia proper looking for a lovely outing on the town we’ll also be providing musicians for the Passyunk Avenue fountain on the weekends kicking off on Mother’s Day with the incredible Carmine Yusko singing classics from the Rat Pack and American Songbook starting at 1 pm. You can also see the likes of Drew Nugent & the Midnight Society (Philly’s famous 1920s jazz band) on the Avenue as well as every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 4-7 pm in Rittenhouse Square.
Look out for upcoming events in your area as well as Envoute’s performers in addition to our full fall lineup. See you there!
Envoute supports the Philly Family Community.